In addition to building a power plan and beats plan, Stages Studio PRO has the option to create a heart rate plan using the five heart rate zones. Like a power plan, instructors choose a zone and corresponding time for each interval. The ADD PLAYLIST, COPY, NO ZONE, and ADD SCRIPT features are all available when building a heart rate plan. For more information on using these features, see the related articles: How to build a power plan using Stages Studio Pro and How to build a beats plan using Stages Studio Pro.
When teaching an HR plan, the following are required:
- All riders have an HR sensor.
- Riders have registered and uploaded their HR sensor information into their StagesCloud.com account.
- Riders have booked a bike in the class, so the system knows who they are.
- For the optimal rider experience, instructors should choose a gauge that includes HR information.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Build a heart rate plan
- Log in to StagesCloud.com using your credentials.
- Scroll down the left-hand side menu and click on PLANS under INSTRUCTOR.
- Click on CREATE in the upper right corner.
- Select HEART RATE PLAN.
- To import or build a playlist to use as a time reference guide, click on ADD PLAYLIST. See the related article: How to build a beats plan using Stages Studio Pro.
- Click the PLUS icon in the bottom right corner to add your intervals.
- Across the top of the dashboard are options to help you build your power plan intervals: DELETE(the trash can icon), COPY(the double-page icon), NO ZONE, and ADD SCRIPT. See the related article: How to build a power plan using Stages Studio Pro.
- Select a color zone for your first interval; drag the slider, or click on the NUMBER and type in a percentage to apply to the interval.
- On the timeline, each DOT represents a 1-minute increment. Select an increment on the timeline, or click on the TIME to customize the length of the interval. In the pop-up window, scroll through the numbers to change the time. Click on SAVE.
- Continue to build the heart rate plan, adding intervals with the PLUS ICON and adjusting the HR zone and time.
- When the plan is complete, click on REVIEW.
- Name your plan and click on SAVE.
- The plan appears on your dashboard and is accessible in your practice room or classroom.
Edit an existing plan
- Click anywhere on the plan to open it.
- Click on the PENCIL ICON to edit the plan.
- When the changes are complete, click on REVIEW.
- Click on SAVE to save the changes.