Use Stages Studio PRO to create a music-driven experience for your riders. Stages Cloud is optimized for mobile devices; build a beats plan from your phone or tablet, at any time, from anywhere. See the related article: How to build a power plan using Stages Studio Pro and How to build a heart rate plan using Stages Studio Pro.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Beats plan overview
- Add a playlist to a plan
- Build a beats plan using a playlist
- Save a beats plan
- Edit an existing plan
Beats plan overview
Create a beats plan based on the rhythm of the music and RPM.
- Log in to StagesCloud.com using your credentials.
- Scroll down the left-hand side menu and click on PLANS under INSTRUCTOR.
- Click on CREATE in the upper right corner.
- Select BEATS PLAN.
Add a playlist to a plan
Import a Spotify playlist with song titles, artists, lengths, and BPM, or add this information manually. This feature does not add music to your plan.
- Click on ADD PLAYLIST.
- Here, there are two options:
• Click on ADD MANUALLY to fill in the information for each song, then click SAVE.
• Click on IMPORT PLAYLIST, and paste the Spotify playlist link in the box. Read the disclaimer, check the box, then click IMPORT.
- To help build a plan, navigation lines appear that line up with your playlist. Note: have your Spotify playback settings on zero crossfade.
Build a beats plan using a playlist
Check the time and BPM for the first song in the playlist, then start to build.
- Click on the PLUS icon in the bottom right corner to add the first interval.
- On the timeline, click on the TIME to enter the length of the song. In the pop-up window, scroll through the numbers to change the time. Click on SAVE.
- Drag the interval slider to select the appropriate RPM.
- Click on the X in the top right corner of the dashboard to collapse the plan and make the playlist visible. Check the time and BPM of the next song.
- Click on the PLUS icon to add another interval, and adjust the time and RPM for the second song.
- Repeat these steps to continue to build the plan.
- Across the top of the dashboard are options to help you build your beats plan: DELETE(the trash can icon), COPY(the double-page icon), NO ZONE, and ADD SCRIPT. See the related article: How to build a power plan using Stages Studio Pro, for more information.
Save a beats plan
- To save a plan, click on REVIEW.
- Type in the name for the plan, then click SAVE.
The new plan is created. It is now accessible in your practice room or classroom.
Edit an existing plan
- Click anywhere on the plan to open it.
- Click on the PENCIL icon to edit the plan.
- When the changes are complete, click on REVIEW.
- Click on SAVE to save the changes.