Note: the following information is for the SIC1 console. It does not pertain to the SIC2 console. If you have a SIC2 console, please see the related article: How to pair the Stages power meter with the SIC2 console.
Important: Pairing the power meter only needs to be performed when a new console or power meter is installed. Once paired, the console will remain attached to that specific power meter.
Console button guide
Use the BACKLIGHT or AVG/END buttons to scroll through the menu, and the STAGE button to select a menu item.
How to pair a power meter to the SIC1 console
- Activate the console by pressing any button.
- Press and hold the BACKLIGHT and AVG/END buttons for 5 seconds to enter the SETTINGS menu.
- Use the BACKLIGHT or AVG/END buttons to scroll to PAIRING, then press the STAGE button to select it.
- Scroll to PWR SENSOR, then press the STAGE button.
- Press STAGE to select ENTER ANT. Locate the ANT+ ID on the sticker attached to the left crank arm.
- Enter the ANT+ ID from the crank sticker using the following keys:
Use the BACKLIGHT button to advance the digit. The number will increase from 0-9 and return to 0.
Use the AVG/END button to move to the next digit. The highlight will move from left to right and return to the first digit.
- Once the ANT+ ID displayed matches the power meter, press the STAGE button to begin pairing.
- Spin the crank on the bike to wake the power meter and allow the console to connect to it
- If the pairing process is successful, the word PAIRED will appear in the message banner.
- When ZERO RESET is displayed on the screen, press the STAGE button to begin the zero reset process
- Position the left crank with the power meter in the 6 o'clock position with no weight on the pedal.
The console will begin attempting to zero reset the crank arm, which can take several seconds.
- If the zero reset is successful, the word SUCCESS will appear in the message banner along with the ADC value, which should be between 790-990. The console will then return to the USB screen.
If the power meter fails, re-check the position of the power meter and rotate it at least two revolutions to awaken the unit, then attempt to zero reset again.
Check that the power meter has new batteries installed.
For additional information, please refer to the Stages SIC1 console user guide.