For Stages Indoor Cycling bikes with a Stages Power meter, regular service updates may be required to keep the firmware up to date and utilize our latest revisions, improvements, and bug fixes. Performing a firmware update in the field is easy and simply requires using a compatible mobile device (phone or tablet) with the StagesPower app.
Please reference these steps when providing routine service to your Stages Indoor Cycling bikes in the field. We recommend waiting 5 minutes after any use of the bikes is completed to help streamline the update process. This is not required but will make it easier to update each bike individually when the entire set of bikes is not active.
Download the StagesPower app on your mobile device.
How to perform a power meter firmware update using the StagesPower app from Stages Indoor Cycling on YouTube.
To update the power meter firmware using the StagesPower app:
- Rotate the crank several times to wake the Stages Power meter.
- Launch the StagesPower app on your mobile device.
- For Android devices, proceed to the next step.
For iOS devices, tap on CONNECT WITH BLUETOOTH.
- A list of available devices will be displayed.
- Locate the ANT+ ID number on the power meter on the left crank of the bike.
- Tap on the ANT+ ID that matches the power meter, to select it.
- Tap on CONNECT.
- If a firmware update is available -
For Android, tap on the UPDATE FIRMWARE button that appears.
For iOS, tap on YES, then confirm the power meter ANT + ID and tap on UPDATE.
- A series of screens will show the update progress.
- Tap on the <BACK button when the update is complete.
- The new firmware version is displayed. Tap on the BACK ARROW to return to the list of devices and move to the next bike you would like to update.