As technology has progressed, Stages has created a new app that will record indoor rides. The Stages Studio+ app will pair to the Stages Power meter on your bike to record your indoor ride. We recommend downloading the new app, as the Stages Flight Mobile app will eventually be discontinued. How to record an indoor ride using the Stages Studio+ app.
Stages Flight mobile app lets you track your indoor bike rides, runs, walks, outdoor bike rides, hikes, and more using the GPS in your iPhone. Activities will be saved into your Stages Flight account. Use the booking tab within the app to reserve your bike for an upcoming class.
Before recording an indoor ride with the Stages Flight app, make sure the Stages Flight app is installed on your mobile device and Bluetooth enabled.
How to record a ride with the Stages Flight app and a SIC1 Console
- Activate the console by pressing any button and begin pedaling the bike.
- The console will enter Warm Up mode after pedaling for 10 seconds, but you may also enter Warm Up mode by pressing the STAGE button.
- Open up the Stages Flight app on your mobile device and select TAP TO CONNECT SENSORS.
- Select the console from the list of available sensors
- For Stages Flight app, the console will be listed based on the bike number, such as Stages IC 1.
- If no bike number has been set by the club or studio, the console will show up as Stages IC 0.
- Begin the recording or start your activity on your personal device
- Press the STAGE button to begin your activity on the console.
- End your activity in the app to upload it to Stages Flight.
Activities in Stages Flight can also be synced to Strava by connecting your accounts. See our help article here. Rides logged on Stages Flight can also be exported from the desktop version of the site in order to log files elsewhere.