Within your Stages Flight classes, most of your workouts will be based on power and ask you to aim to pedal at a percentage of something called FTP (Functional Threshold Power). Threshold power is an approximation of the highest power you can sustain over a long duration and is usually calculated by taking part in an FTP Class where your instructor will guide you through a maximal effort and then Stages Flight will calculate your FTP based on your performance in this test. Having an accurate estimation of your FTP entered here will help ensure you aren't going too hard or too easy in your workouts.
If you already know your FTP and want to enter it in to start, or you have the wrong FTP set, here's how to change it:
- Log in to your Stages Flight account.
- Click the drop-down next to your email address in the top right corner and select Settings
- From the settings menu, select Heart Rate and Watt
- Enter a new value into the FTP field.
- Enable "Lock FTP" to prevent this value from being overwritten in your next FTP Class
- Disable "Lock FTP" to allow automatic recalculating of your FTP
- Hit the Save button at the bottom of the page to save your new FTP
Note: If you are viewing the Stages Flight website on a mobile device, please click View Standard Site at the bottom of the page to view these page options.