These instructions show how to update the Bluetooth 4.0 radio firmware on all Bluetooth-enabled Stages Indoor Cycling consoles. This update process differs from the firmware update process used to update the console software via USB drive, as it is an update to the console's Bluetooth radio, rather than the console firmware itself.
- Bluetooth-enabled Stages IC Console (must be installed on a bike and paired to a Stages Power Meter)
- A compatible iOS or Android mobile device running the Stages Power app
- An internet connection via mobile network or WiFi
Before beginning the update, please check the iTunes or Google Play store to download and install the latest version of the StagesPower app.
Console Firmware Update Instructions
Before performing a console radio firmware update, please ensure you have a compatible mobile device with the Stages Power mobile app installed and up to date, as laid out in the previous section.
- Activate the console by pressing any button.
- Pedal the bike until the power meter is connected to the console and registering watts.
- Open up the StagesPower app on your compatible mobile device.
- Make sure your mobile device has a data connection or is connected to a wireless network.
- From the discoverable devices page, select Stages IC Console.
- If multiple consoles appear, use the green bars to determine which console is in closest proximity to your device.
- Non Bluetooth-enabled consoles will not show up on the app.
- Once connected, select Update Firmware and follow on screen prompts following the completion of the firmware update.
- Upon completion, follow the on screen prompts to disconnect from the console.