These instructions show how to update the Bluetooth 4.0 radio firmware on all Bluetooth-enabled Stages Indoor Cycling consoles. This update process differs from the firmware update process used to update the console software via USB drive, as it is an update to the Bluetooth chip inside the console, rather than the console firmware itself.
- Bluetooth-enabled Stages IC Console (must be installed on a bike and paired to a Stages Power Meter)
- A compatible iOS or Android mobile device running the Stages Power app
- An internet connection via mobile network or WiFi
Before beginning the update, please check the iTunes or Google Play store to download and install the latest version of the StagesPower app.
Console Firmware Update Instructions
- Turn on the console and pedal the bike until the power meter is connected to the console and registering watts
- Make sure your mobile device has a data connection or is connected to a wireless network
Open up the StagesPower app on your compatible mobile device
- Note: StagesPower app must be update to date to perform console update, check for updates in iTunes store or GooglePlay
From the discoverable devices page, select Stages IC Console
- If multiple consoles appear, use the green bars to determine which console is in closest proximity to your device
- Non Bluetooth-enabled consoles will not show up on the app
- Once connected, select Update Firmware and follow on screen prompts following the completion of the firmware update.
- Upon completion, follow the on screen prompts to disconnect from the console.