Note: the following information is for the SIC1 console. It does not pertain to the SIC2 console.
If you have an SIC2 console, please refer to this related article: How to update the firmware on the Stages® SIC2 console
For additional details and illustrations, see page 28 in the Stages Indoor Cycling SIC1 Console User Guide
Before you proceed, please see How to Save and Import Custom Console Settings in the user guide, to learn how to save your console configuration before making changes to the console.
Steps to upgrade firmware:
IMPORTANT: Upgrading the firmware is an advanced procedure. Make sure to read all instructions before upgrading the firmware.
1. Download the .ZIP file from the SIC1 Console Firmware Release page on the Stages Indoor Manuals site.
2. Extract and save the .HEX file from the .ZIP file on to a USB drive. The file must be in the top level of the drive directory. The file cannot be within any other folder. Please remove any older firmware files from the USB before attempting to add the most recent update.
3. Activate the console by pressing any button
4. Insert the USB drive containing the upgraded firmware files into the USB port on the console.
Make sure that the USB port on the console is enabled, see step 3 in the Stages Indoor Cycling SIC1 Console User Guide.
5. Press and hold the Backlight and AVG/END buttons for 5 seconds to enter the SETTINGS menu
6. Select SYSTEM from the menu
7. Select FIRMWARE from the menu
8. View and note the current console version number shown at the top of the screen (displayed as CSLS0.X)
9. Advance the menu and select the UPGRD FIRMWARE. The console will begin the firmware upgrade.
10. During the firmware upgrade, the LCD display will freeze for approximately 10 seconds and then all the displays will light for a moment. After this occurs, the console is using the upgraded firmware.
11. To confirm you have completed the update, repeat steps 3-8 to view the current firmware version.
Note: If the console has been paired to a power meter, you do not need to re-pair the console to the power meter after updating console firmware.
For a list of firmware history and release notes, click here.